William H. Yohler Memorial Scholarship
17th annual Yohler Scholarship application packets is now available
The Yohler Scholarship is a $1,000 annual, renewable scholarship (up to $4,000 total) towards higher education awarded each year to a high school senior.
The application packet is available here for your convenience.
In honor of William H. Yohler: Because credit unions are financial cooperatives -- "people helping people" -- volunteerism is relied upon and valued. William H. Yohler was PrimeTrust's longest serving volunteer.
Mr. Yohler began his volunteerism in 1944 when he was asked to serve on a committee for Warner Gear Credit Union (which became WGE and is now PrimeTrust). In 1948, he was elected to the Board of Directors and remained active as Treasurer and Director until his passing on September 15, 2001.
Bill volunteered at the state level as well, serving as Indiana Credit Union League Director from 1959 until 2001 and as League Chairman from 1961 to 1963. He also served at the national level as a CUNA National Director for more than 30 years.
In addition to his tireless efforts and volunteer contributions to the credit union movement, he was active locally in various civic and social organizations.
In honor of Bill's dedication to others, represented by the arrows emerging from his name in the scholarship logo, PrimeTrust Federal Credit Union offers a renewable annual scholarship to high school seniors.
- Application deadline is 12:00pm Saturday, March 2, 2019
- Applicant must be a high school senior with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Applicant, parent or guardian must be a PrimeTrust FCU member in good standing for at least one year prior to application deadline
- Scholarship packet must be completed and submitted in its entirety
- Scholarship award is renewable annually as long as requirements are continually met
Additional details and requirements are in the Scholarship Packet. We are pleased to award this scholarship to benefit the winner and to extend Mr. Yohler's legacy of volunteerism through the generations. Good luck to all our 2019 applicants!
CLICK FOR APPLICATION PACKET