Published Wednesday, August 1, 2012
You can help protect yourself against identity theft in the following ways:
• Guard your Social Security number and keep track of all of your accounts.
• Routinely check your credit report for unauthorized activity - get a free credit report at least once a year and clean up any errors.
• Buy a shredder and properly destroy bills, pre-approved credit offers, and other documents with personal information before throwing them out.
• Stay on top of your finances, especially bill due dates, so you’ll know if a bill is missing.
• Carefully monitor your bank accounts and reconcile your checkbook regularly. Online banking is a great tool to help.
• Know your bank’s policies regarding account errors and loss. Read the fine print.
Contact PrimeTrust Financial
Feel free to contact us with any questions or comments. Any sensitive or personal information should not be sent via email. Please contact our live 24-hour Call Center at 765-289-2148 or 1-800-459-5585.